www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Hadleylj. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

OSPI Writing Presentation


I am so excited to be a part of the OSPI presentation this week. I have been working with the most phenomenal group of women from all around Washington State on the 4 week course designed to improve student writing. It is targeted to address the areas of greatest concern on student performance on the Washington Assessment of Student Learning, fondly known as the WASL. This four week course specifically targets high school, but could be adapted for any writers. In fact, we have two other groups that designed a module for elaboration and another on introductions and conclusions that goes deeper than the 4 week course.
I will be working with my district high schools to imbed the writing activities into the current 10th grade English classes. I am also working with two elementaries to adapt the material for younger writers. This is such exciting work.
But now I am being redundant...

Here are some pictures of my team. We are preparing for our presentation and getting ready to share our work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines